- Travelling to India requires a Visa and that needs to be obtained prior to the start of your travel. Please apply for a e-Conference visa. An invitation letter has been sent to you for this purpose. In case you have not received one, please contact us.
- Since India is located in the tropics, every organism thrives here. Therefore, it is important that you get travel vaccines before you begin your travel. Please consult your local physician or health agency concerning the vaccinations.
Arriving in IIT Kanpur
IIT Kanpur is in the sub-urban part of Kanpur city at a distance of about 16 km from the center of the city. Kanpur city is very well connected by road and rail.
Although Kanpur has an airport, not a lot of companies operate from it. It is convenient to fly to Lucknow and then take a taxi. It is roughly 90 km away from IIT Kanpur. We will provide conveyance for travelling from and to Lucknow airport. For international travellers there are two options:
- Fly to India with Delhi as the port of entry and then take a local flight (Vistara, IndiGo, SpiceJet, Air India) to Lucknow.
- Fly to Lucknow directly with any of the airlines operated by the gulf countries (Oman Air, Qatar Airways)
Kanpur is very well connected to the rest of the country by train. The Kanpur Central Station is 12 km away from IIT Kanpur.
IIT Kanpur is located on the oldest highway in India, the Grand Trunk road.
From airport/train station to IIT Kanpur
As mentioned earlier, we will provide local logistical support to all the participants who would like to arrive in IIT Kanpur from the following places:
- Lucknow Airport (International as well as Domestic)
- Chakeri Airport, Kanpur
- Kanpur Central Railway Station
We request you to send your travel itinerary to [ncg at iitk ac in] as soon as your travel itinerary is fixed so that we can arrange for taxis to pick you up.
For all the participants accommodation has been booked at the IIT Kanpur Visitor's hostel, so there is no need to book any hotels at your end.
Breakfast, lunch and dinner is provided to all the participants during the course of the workshop. Please inform us about the food allergens, and/or any food restrictions you may have, so that we can inform the caterers about the same.
We have applied for additional funding for the workshop to our local funding agency in order to support the travel . Depending on the result of our application we will be able to provide partial travel support to all of our international participants.
In all of your e-mail correspondences please include SatGrav2020 in the subject head so that the e-mail can be easily identified. We thank you for your understanding.